Are you a supply teacher, teaching assistant or residenital support worker looking for some help and advice? If so, you are the right place. Our blogs offer tips and tricks on everything from classroom management to interview tips and support, along with day in the life case studies from real supply teachers, NQTs and cover supervisors. They also give you an insight into what working for Smile is like, the ways which we support local communities and charities and the training and events that we offer. 

For more good stuff like this, follow us on social media - you can find us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn. Or pick up the phone and give us a call.

09-03-2020 - - 0 comments
Documents you'll need to complete for your Smile registration

Our registration is completed in two parts and both stages of the registration process will require you to present a number of your personal documents in order to satisfy our safeguarding requirements.

If you are unsure of what you need to bring and need a little reminder, we have listed all of the documents below. Of course, not all of the documents listed may relevant to you dependent on the type of role you are applying for e.g. proof of TRN is only required for those applying to teaching roles.


Eligibility to work in the UK/Photo ID

  • Passport OR Birth Certificate (you must provide at least one of these documents) 

  • Driving Licence (if you have one)


Proof of National Insurance number

  • National Insurance Card

  • Payslip

  • P45/P60

  • Letter from the HM Revenue

  • Benefit Statement


Two proofs of your current address (must be dated within the last 3 months)

  • Bank Statement

  • Utility Bill

  • Letter from HM Revenue

  • Benefit Statement

  • P45/P60

  • Council Tax Statement (dated within the last 12 months)

  • Mortgage Statement (dated within the last 12 months)

  • Loan Statement (dated within the last 12 months)

Proof of qualification certificates

  • NVQ Certificate

  • NNEB Certificate

  • Degree Certificate

  • QTS Certificate

Proof of TRN (Teacher reference number)

  • Only applicable to qualified Teachers or NQTs


Safeguarding & PREVENT Training

  • Certificates within the past 3 years (If you don’t have these certificates you will need to complete online training)

Proof of name change (if applicable)

  • Birth Certificate

  • Marriage Certificate

  • Deed Poll Certificate

  • Adoption Certificate

  • Divorce Decree

Current DBS

  • Must be valid and registered to the update service. If you do not have a current DBS, we will explain how to apply for one at your registration meeting.

Up to date CV

  • Covering 10 years of employment

Remember that you’ll not only need these documents to complete on online registration, you’ll also need to bring them with you to interview too! 

If you have any questions then please don’t hesitate to get in touch, we’d be more than happy to help. If you are struggling to find any of the above documents, do let us know prior to your interview, we may be able to offer some advice.

To find out what happens after your interview read our what happens next blog.

Add a comment:




Enter the characters in the image shown:


Follow us

Smile Education’s FacebookSmile Education’s TwitterSmile Education’s LinkedInSmile Education’s Instagram

© 2019 Smile Education Ltd. All Rights Reserved | Data Protection | Privacy | Policies & Procedures
Web Design by Cloud Web Solutions

smile logo

back to top