We are dedicated to improving children's social care and have a team of experienced consultants who know the industry and who will support you in your search for work in children’s care homes, residential schools and respite centres.

Find a Job  Submit CV

Roles we recruit for

Smile Education recruits for support workers

Residential Support Worker

Provide support to vulnerable residents of care homes, children's homes, hostels, adult and youth centres.

Smile Education recruits for senior support workers

Senior Support Worker

Combines support work with managing a team. You'll have responsibility for supervising staff and volunteers across a cluster of services.

Smile Education recruits for deputy managers

Deputy Manager

Assists the registered manager with all aspects of the home management.

Smile Education recruits for registered managers

Registered Manager

In day to day charge of the regulated services provided at the care home, who must also be registered with the CQC.

Settings we work in

We work with a variety of different residential settings including children's residential homes, residential schools, respite care centres and day centres. The services support children with complex social, emotional, educational and behavioural needs, who are aged 8 to 18. These may include but are not limited to:

  • Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties
  • Social, Emotional and Mental Health
  • Autism Spectrum Conditions
  • Learning Disabilities
  • Physical Disabilities
  • Moderate Learning Difficulties
  • Visual Impairments
  • Hearing Impairments
  • Head/Brain Injuries
  • Complex/Severe Needs

For a great insight into life as a children's residenital support worker take a look at our 'Day in the Life of Support Worker' blog.

Smile Education works in a number of children's residential settings

Smile Education requires all candidates to have a DBS certificate

Role requirements

To be eligible for a residential role with Smile you must have:

  • Minimum of 6 months experience working in a similar role.
  • Level 2 or 3 in a Health and Social subject.
  • Adult and children's barred list check - we can put one into process, if you don't already have one.

If you meet the above requirements, then we'd be thrilled to invite you to register with us. You can learn more about our registration process here.

For more information read 'How to Become a Support Worker'.

Refer a friend

If you know someone who is looking for work with children in a residential setting and refer them to us, we'll give you £100 after they have worked 10 days with us.

Refer Now

Refer a friend in children’s social care to Smile Education

Follow us

Smile Education’s FacebookSmile Education’s TwitterSmile Education’s LinkedInSmile Education’s Instagram

© 2019 Smile Education Ltd. All Rights Reserved | Data Protection | Privacy | Policies & Procedures
Website by Cloud

smile logo

back to top