Complex Needs Teaching Assistant Do you have experience working with children with complex needs? Are you looking for a new role in a supportive and welcoming school?
Smile Education are currently working with a special educational needs (SEN) school in Derbyshire who are looking for dedicated and passionate Teaching Assistants to support their students. The school caters for children aged 2-19 who have a wide range of needs including those with profound and multiple learning difficulties (PMLD), communication difficulties, and autism and as a result require specialist support. Many of the pupils may display challenging behaviour linked to their learning difficulties. Although this Teaching Assistant role may be challenging at times, it will also be incredibly rewarding as you will be having a lasting impact on a child’s development.
The school is situated in the beautiful Derbyshire countryside and the school makes full use of their local surroundings. With less than 100 pupils on roll, the school offers a warm and supportive environment for both staff and students. They pride themselves on offering a personalised, individual curriculum that is tailored to each child’s unique needs while focusing on four key areas: physical movement, emotional development, knowledge, and communication. The school has some fantastic facilities including sensory rooms and a hydrotherapy pool.
What will you be doing as a Complex Needs Teaching Assistant?
- SEN school in Derbyshire
- Supporting pupils with PMLD, Autism, communication difficulties, and challenging behaviour
- Full time, long-term position – Monday-Friday, 8:45-3:45
- £70 - £90 per day, dependent on experience
What are we looking for in a Complex Needs Teaching Assistant?
- Working one-to-one and in small groups with pupils with PMLD
- Assisting in the management of classroom behaviour
- Supporting the wellbeing of pupils
- Working closely with outside agencies including NHS therapy services, social care, and local learning disability services
- Previous experience working with children with special educational needs (e.g. Autism, ADHD, learning difficulties)
- Experience of managing challenging behaviour
- Previous classroom experience
- A genuine passion for supporting children with special educational needs and helping them to thrive
If you are interested in this role, or you would like to hear more about the opportunity, please contact Rosie on 0116 507 1693 or email your CV to email@example.com
Job Reference: SM1LEL
We are committed to safeguarding children. Each applicant will be expected to undertake compliance checks including Prohibited list, Barred list, DBS and Qualifications.