Looking for your next role? Ever considered a career in education? or are you an experienced Teaching Assistant looking for new work? If so, Smile Education would like to speak to you!
We are looking for people with a real passion for teaching that would be interested in this exciting opportunity supporting and making a difference to KS3 & KS4 students in the Salford area. This Secondary school is part of a Multi Academy Trust with an excellent set of core values: Do what matters most, Be yourself, Always show you care, Succeed together.
Graduates are welcome for this opportunity, especially those with degrees in subjects such as sports, science or English. This may be a perfect chance for you to gain experience working with children before starting your PGCE. Responsibilities:
- Promote inclusion and acceptance of all children.
- Work with the teacher in lesson planning, evaluating and adjusting lessons/work plans as appropriate.
- Work with children 1:1 or delivering sessions with small groups of students.
- Take children on educational trips and visits.
- Have a good basic understanding or English and Maths.
- Keep children safe when they are experiencing heightened behaviours with strong behaviour management skills and excellent communication.
- Create, play and teach games to pupils to develop their social skills or further learning.
- Create amazing displays which support teaching and create an exceptional learning environment.
- Participate in therapeutic training sessions or reflecting on difficult periods.
What we offer
- Ideally have experience in some capacity of working with children or young people - this can be voluntary or paid and doesn't need to be school based.
- NVQ level 2 or 3 in Supporting Teaching and Learning or other equivalent qualifications may be accepted.
- A strong commitment to supporting pupil development and progress in schools.
- A passion for wanting to be part of a wider school team.
How to apply?
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits.
- Support from a designated consultant who will guide you through everything you need to know and any queries.
- Competitive candidate referral fees!
- Regular opportunities to attend CPD sessions and other training benefits.
- Flexible working patterns.
Apply via this website with an up-to-date CV and contact details. For more information, or an informal chat about the role, please call Jack on 0161 526 9028
or drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to safeguarding children. Each applicant will be expected to undertake compliance checks including Prohibited list, Barred list, DBS and Qualifications.