Smile Education are a Crown Commercial Services (CCS) approved supplier; through this partnership we are seeing a School PA to join this dynamic school based in Birmingham.
Smile Education are thrilled to be working alongside this friendly and welcoming team in the recruitment of a school PA. The successful applicant will be joining the team from October/November 2023. This is a full- time role with the opportunity to go permanent after a 6-12 week interim. You will be working as part of a large and welcoming team to provide administrative support within a busy office environment. Some knowledge of basic systems is required to be successful in your application, applicants are desired to be familiar with Parent Pay, SIMS or Arbor.
This school is located within Birmingham. Applicants will have the opportunity to meet our client prior to being appointed to the role. The expected salary range for this position is between £12 - £16 per hour, dependent on experience level. Applicants will go through Smile Educations’ quick and easy application process, which includes a video interview with your dedicated consultant.
Duties to include but not limited to:
What to expect from applicants?
- Provide a full personal assistance/confidential secretarial service to the Headteacher, Deputy Headteacher and School Business Manager (including diary, word processing and confidential correspondence) to support them in managing the school.
- Manage a public relations role with teaching and support staff, parents, students, governors, the community, and external agencies with and on behalf of the head to foster good relationships for the benefit of the School.
- Provide a word processing/desk top publishing/typing/excel/power point etc. facility and maintain agreed quality standards for the production of documentation for circulation in school and distribution to parents, pupils and the community to facilitate the effective functioning of the School.
- Provide Reception services to meet the needs of the school and promote the school’s reputation in a positive manner.
- Service governors committees and other meetings including taking and dispatch of minutes and other documentation to achieve a timely and effective dispatch of business and implementation of decisions.
- Manage, plan and co-ordinate the work of the administration office (including the maintenance of all pupil information).
- Development and implementation of office procedures in consultation with the office staff.
- Undertake routine duties (e.g. cash handling) as necessary to ensure the provision of a quality service for the school.
- To have demonstrative PA experience, either within a school setting or related setting.
- Be able to adapt to new settings.
- A friendly and professional persona that takes pride representing their workplace.
- Be able to work as a team and independently.
- Experience with SIMS, Parent Pay, Arbor and CMIS is desired but not necessary as training can be provided.
Do you believe you meet these requirements? If so, please apply today, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
or call Luke on 0121 289 6842.
We are committed to safeguarding children. Each applicant will be expected to undertake compliance checks including Prohibited list, Barred list, DBS and Qualifications.