Smile Education is a leading recruitment service for schools in the West Midlands. An educational setting within the Edgbaston area, is currently looking for Secondary SEN Science Teacher to join their team. About the role:
As a Secondary SEN Teacher, you will be working with children aged from 11-16 years who have Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties. You will be teaching core subjects to lower ability students along with the support of an experienced teaching assistant.
About the school:
- You will be responsible for students who have SEN needs including Social and Emotional Needs
- This role is a long-term position, 5 days a week
- In this role you will be required to effectively plan, prepare, and deliver lessons in line with the national curriculum
- As a Secondary SEN Teacher, you will be required to mark and provide individual feedback to both students, carers, parents, and senior leadership team
- Secondary school specialising with children who have SEMH
- The school has a well-established team based and strong links in the Birmingham area
- The class ratios are between 8-15 students with a minimum of one specialist teaching assistant and a qualified class teacher
- The provision offers many forms of personal development with support from leadership.
- The school aims to help every child to develop his or her full potential by providing a caring and stimulating environment in which every individual pupil feels valued.
- This school works closely with families and wider professionals to ensure a safe learning environment.
- Committed to safeguarding, the school’s values are at the core of everything they do.
- You must have experience supporting young people with SEMH who can present challenging behaviours
- You must have an engaging personality with the ability to build rapport with hard to engage young people
- To work as a Secondary SEN Teacher, you must have QTS or equivalent
- Positive handling training such as MAPA/NAPI/Team Teach are desirable but not essential
- You have a caring nature and resilient attitude to supporting the students in your care
- Have a minimum 12-month experience working with children with special educational needs.
- Be committed and enthusiastic about supporting young people to receive the best quality education
- You have strong knowledge of the secondary curriculum
- Engaged and organised, you will be able to plan lessons and adapt them to meet individuals requirements.
About Smile Education:
Here at Smile Education, we are dedicated to giving back to our committed mem-bers of staff, and are delighted to offer benefits such as:
·Reimbursed DBS after 10 days of you working in one of our schools
·Invites to social events
If you would like to apply for this exciting opportunity, please send your CV via the website as soon as possible and we will be in touch
If you would like to find out more information about the role, please call Kirsty on 0121 289 6833
To register with Smile or keep up to date with similar positions we have available, please visit the Smile Website. You can also find us on Twitter and Facebook: Smile Education
Smile Education is committed to safeguarding children. Each applicant will be expected to undertake compliance checks including Prohibited list, Barred list, DBS and Qualifications.