Smile Leadership Ltd are currently seeking an Office Manager for a Kidderminster based Primary school. This will be a full-time, interim role to start as soon as possible. You will need to live local to or be able to travel to the Kidderminster (DY11 7AW), Worcestershire area. If you are an experienced Office Manager, Personal Assistant or have a wealth of office experience at a senior level, we would like to hear from you. Smile Leadership Ltd is a sister company to Smile Education who are a leading education recruitment agency.
We are currently supporting a one form entry Primary school in recruiting an experienced Office Manager on a full-time, interim basis. For the right candidate, this role could be made permanent from January 2022. As well as being required to fulfil Office Manager duties, the role will also involve Personal Assistant duties to the Executive Principal. The ideal candidate will be expected to provide a comprehensive and confidential administrative and support service to the Executive Principal, Head of School, Central HR, and other members of the Senior Leadership Team as required. Additional responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Provide an effective and efficient office support function for the Executive Principal, taking independent and proactive action where appropriate to resolve administrative matters
• Manage the provision of secretarial support in relation to the production of correspondence and records, including word processing, electronic and manual filing systems
• Manage the whole school recruitment process, to include preparation and submission of adverts, preparation of job descriptions and person specifications, manage enquiries and despatch of information, request references as required, manage interview process
• Manage the referral of documentation, complaints, telephone, and personal enquiries
• Coordinating and managing the Executive Principal’s diary, liaising as necessary with staff, parents, governors, pupils, outside organisations and members of the public in arranging appointments
• Coordinate appropriate procedures to ensure the smooth operation of the School Office
• Support the Executive Principal in dealing with confidential staff issues including the convening, attending and providing minutes of meetings as required
• Lead on the ParentPay procedures and protocols within the school.
• Maintaining personal and professional development to meet the changing demands of the job, participate in appropriate training activities and encourage and support staff in their development and training
• To undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job
• Manage the accurate inputting and updating of information on to the MIS
To be successful in your application, you should have experience in one or more of the following:
• GCSE Grade 4/O level Grade C or above in Maths and English
• Evidence of working with the skill set required by the job description of this post
• Experience of working in a mainstream or special school setting would be preferred, but not essential
• Experience working in Administration and Human Resources administration
• Able to use IT systems proficiently to ensure the smooth running of systems
• Experience of organising own schedule and that of others
• Warm and caring personality, friendly and able to relate well to children and adults
• Organised with a positive outlook and a “can do” approach
• Able to work as part of a team and to communicate effectively with staff
• Be able to manage and motivate a team
Due to Covid-19 a flexible interview process is in place for this role. A video meeting with a school representative may be arranged for applicants as a first stage interview and a socially distanced tour of the setting can be arranged.
If you would like to be considered for representation in this office manager role, then please contact me directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your application.
Alternatively, if you would like to have a confidential discussion surrounding other school posts available, please contact me on 07521 038643.
Smile Education is committed to safeguarding children. Each applicant will be expected to undertake compliance checks including Prohibited list, Barred list, DBS and Qualifications.