Smile Education are currently acting on behalf of a Derby (DE22 4NH)
based children’s residential home who are seeking an encouraging, nurturing Residential Team Leader
to join their team on a full time, permanent contract.
As a Residential Team Leader,
you will be working within a 4-bedded home for children between the ages of 7-16 who have social, emotional and mental health difficulties. As the Team Leader,
you will be responsible for the supervision of the team on shift, reporting directly to the Deputy and Registered Manager. The Role:
Requirements for this Team Leader position:
- £10.00+ per hour (depending on experience)
- Full time, permanent contract, 12-15 hour shifts on a rota basis
- You will be required to work days, nights and weekends and therefore must be fully flexible to support the needs of the home in order to be considered for the Residential Team Leader role
- Derby-based with great links to public transport
Responsibilities of a Residential Team Leader:
- You must be qualified to a minimum of Level 3 Health and Social Care / Residential Care (or equivalent)
- Have a minimum of 12 months or more experience working with children under the age of 18 in a residential setting
- Hold the proven ability and experience to lead a team and to work as part of a team whilst supporting the children in your care
- Be able to work shifts including weekends, evenings, sleep in duties and on-call on a rota system
This role is commutable from areas such as Mickleover, Littleover, Langley Green, Central Derby, Mackworth, etc.
- Ensure shifts are planned with Residential Support Workers, to take the lead on shift and be responsible for the events on the shift
- Communicate effectively with the team of staff coming onto shift, ensuring that a thorough account of your shifts events has taken place
- To be able to address standards of behaviours from children, in a calm non-confrontational and constructive manner
- Acting as a role model and demonstrating appropriate ways of dealing with problems
- Provide support to the management team by supervision of staffing, rota planning, deputising in the Managers absence, etc.
This is a fantastic opportunity for either an already experienced Residential Team Leader
or a strong Senior Residential Support Worker
looking for that next step up – Kick start your career today!
Now all you need to do is CLICK APPLY,
if you meet the above criteria one of our team will be in touch to progress your application further and answer any questions you may have.
Smile Education is committed to safeguarding children. Each applicant will be expected to undertake compliance checks including Prohibited list, Barred list, DBS and Qualifications.