Do you have a passion for working with children? Have the drive and determination to be a long-lasting, significant adult figure in a child’s life?
Smile Education are an award-winning agency seeking nurturing, aspiring Residential Support Workers
who either have experience of being a Senior
or strong Support Workers
who are looking to climb the ladder in residential childcare. You will be working alongside a considerate, supportive Management Team and a full support team. Demonstrable experience of supporting a team to reach high standards is essential. Where you’ll be working:
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be working as a Senior Residential Support Worker with young people aged 8-18 with emotional, behavioural difficulties (EBD). The young people may have encountered traumatic early life experiences, and some may have moderate to low learning difficulties as well as attachment disorders.
- The home is a 4 bedded home currently at full capacity with 4 settled children in placement.
- Rated ‘Good’ in their last OFSTED audit
- Amazing facilities available to both staff and young people with the home being located near great public transport links
As a Senior Residential Support Worker
member of staff, you will be a key member of the team. Working closely alongside the Management Team you will take responsibility for ensuring the safe running of the home to a high standard, coordinating shifts, designating the supervision of young people and prioritising their care as required.
You will create activity timetables, which set boundaries and expectations for the young people to ensure consistency in their daily life. Alongside these responsibilities you will also be expected to:
What you will need as a Senior Residential Support Worker:
- Lead shifts and supervise junior members of staff
- Undertake agreed, delegated management responsibilities on an ongoing basis
- Supporting the young people’s emotional needs, managing any challenging behaviours in a positive way
- Contribute to maintaining a safe, warm and homely environment
- Report and recording key aspects of care
- Hold or be willing to work towards the Level 3 Diploma for Residential Child Care or equivalent qualification??
- Previous experience?working with children and young people with challenging behaviour, preferably in a residential setting
- Have the flexibility and willingness to work shifts, including weekends??
- Ability to provide a consistent and structured approach to the care and support you provide??
- Full drivers’ licence with access to own vehicle is desirable
If you would like to find out more, or to apply for this role
- £18,000 to £23,000 per annum
- Shifts advised 1 month in advance, with overtime readily available
- You will be required to work a minimum of 2-day shifts and 2 sleep nights a week (minimum of 160 hours per month)
- Based in Yardley Wood (B28 0DR) – Easily commutable from places such as; Birmingham, Kenilworth, Barnt Green, West Bromwich, Redditch, Sutton Coldfield, Kingsbury, Walsall, Atherstone and Warwick.
, send a copy of your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0121 289 6833. Alternatively, click apply now and Josie will be in touch shortly!
Smile Education is committed to safeguarding children. Each applicant will be expected to undertake compliance checks including Prohibited list, Barred list, DBS and Qualifications.