Due to growth, we are looking for an Education Recruitment Team Leader
to work for Smile Education based in Birmingham City Centre. You will have the opportunity to earn a basic salary of up to £45000 (dependent on experience) with an extremely attractive commission structure where you will earn bonus from day one!THE COMPANY
Smile Education is one of the most recognised brands in the West Midlands for education recruitment and we have previously been awarded ‘Recruitment Company of The Year’ by APSCo and are heavily involved within community and charity work. You will be joining a very welcoming, friendly and sociable team of circa 30 employees who boast over 200 years of recruitment between us! We work hard but play hard too!THE ROLE
As a Recruitment Team Leader, you will be responsible for running a ‘billing’ desk along with building and managing a newly developed team. Experience in training, coaching and developing a team is essential (this will include new recruits with no previous recruitment experience).
As this is a billing Recruitment Team Leader position, you will have the usual day-to-day tasks of business development (focussing on a new regional area for Smile so comfortable with cold calling is a must) and recruiting staff on a temporary and permanent basis for schools; you will have the support of a dedicated administration/compliance department. You will also be responsible for the success of your team, managing performance, setting KPI’s and targets, conducting 1-2-1’s etc.
This role will be split between office and remote working so flexibility is on offer.TYPICAL DAILY JOB DUTIES – WHAT WILL YOU BE RESPONSIBLE FOR?
- Achieve set KPI’s and targets on a weekly basis
- Winning new business and maintaining your personal billing
- Cold calling for prospective new business with schools/academies
- Conduct client meetings, promoting Smile Education services
- Conduct telephone and face to face interviews with candidates
- Work proactively and at speed to fill client’s vacancy requirements
- Supporting, challenging, and holding people to account across your team and the wider business
- Representing the business where appropriate at internal and external events, meetings and training
- Delivering agreed financial performance for your team
- Working with Managing Director to develop and implement sales strategies for the team
- Identifying underperformance and working together on solutions
- Working as part of the leadership team to create agreed processes and systems
- Conducting coaching on a regular basis
- Work alongside the specialised compliance and admin team to ensure the candidates are fully compliant to; this will include requesting and checking references, processing DBS checks etc.
- Previous ‘temporary contract’ recruitment experience is essential
- Experience leading a team of Recruitment Consultants (either Senior Consultant, Team Leader, Supervisor, Manager etc.)
- Experience working within the education sector would be ideal
- A track record of successfully winning new business and maintaining high billing figures on a temporary market
- Proven ability to build positive relationships both internally and externally
- Self-driven with high expectations
- Comfortable working in a pressurised, targeted and fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly organised with a sense of urgency and ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Punctual and reliable
- Stable work history, be able to explain reasons for leaving previous positions
Term time - 7am - 5pm (changes to 7.30am – 4.30pm after probation)
School Holidays - 9am - 3.30pm***PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU MATCH THE PERSON SPECIFICATION ABOVE ***EXTENSIVE LIST OF BENEFITS (OVER 40!) WHICH CAN BE PROVIDED BUT JUST A FEW INCLUDE
- Up to £45k basic salary dependant on experience
- Very attractive and uncapped commission structure with no threshold from day one! (£100k+ once established is achievable)
- 24-35 days annual leave (Dependent on experience) plus all Bank Holidays
- Your birthday off!
- Annual summer holiday for EVERYONE in the business (previous locations have included Barcelona, Ibiza and Mallorca)
- 3.30pm finish in school holidays and 4pm finish EVERY Friday
- Split working week between home and modern city centre office
- On site modern gym with extended lunch break to ‘freshen up’ in the state-of-the-art changing facilities (including GHD straighteners!)
- Lots of opportunities to work with charities and support with fundraising and events
- Support from an approachable management team and business which boasts over 200 years recruitment experience
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
Please send your cv email@example.com
and call me 0121 392 6598
***If you have not received a response within 48 hours, unfortunately your cv has not been selected on this occasion***
Smile Education is committed to safeguarding children. Each applicant will be expected to undertake compliance checks including Prohibited list, Barred list, DBS and Qualifications.