Are you a Cover Supervisor, Sports Coach or an experienced secondary school Teaching Assistant looking for work in local secondary schools?
Smile Education are working exclusively in partnership with secondary schools in Birmingham around the Halesowen, Bartley Green, Smethwick area
. Our partner schools are looking for cover supervisors, ex teacher or aspiring cover supervisors who have limited classroom experience to join their daily supply team.
The role of a Cover Supervisor is varied and challenging but also very rewarding, you will be expected to deliver prepared work to pupils as well as managing the classroom. In the role, flexibility and a sense of humour are essential. Summary of Job Role
Essential Job Requirements
- In the absence of a teacher, provides supervision to an assigned class during lesson time, in accordance with the school/college cover supervision policy.
- Communicates the work set by the class teacher to pupils/students
- Motivates pupils/students to complete tasks set by the class teacher
- Manages the behaviour of pupils/students to promote and maintain order and a calm working environment
- Includes the implementation of the school’s/college’s behaviour policy.
- Ensures the health, safety and welfare of pupils/students is maintained at all times.
- Degree Educated (Must be UK NARIC converted), Ideally have GCSE in English and Maths or equivalency.
- Must have experience working with children or young people in the UK in the last 2 years
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage the behaviour of pupils/students and maintain order and a calm working environment.
- Ability to motivate students.
- Has attended or is willing to attend half-day/full day courses on aspects of the curriculum, e.g. literacy, numeracy, ICT, behaviour management, etc.
Should you wish to be considered for any of our secondary school cover supervisor roles, please send in your cv through this advert link or feel free to call Claire on 0121 392 6571 right away for a confidential chat. We will support you every step of the way!
Smile Education is committed to safeguarding children. Each applicant will be expected to undertake compliance checks including Prohibited list, Barred list, DBS and Qualifications.