Benefits for schools
Graduate teaching assistants/learning support mentors are there to work alongside class teachers and add value by:
- Working directly with lower-attaining pupils via 1:1 and small group structured interventions
- Allow pupils to develop independent learning skills and bridge the gap and accelerate progress
- Add value outside of the classroom through extra-curricular activities
- Assist the class teacher with classroom and lesson preparation
- Be utilised through the school as a cover if the need arises saving you money and inconvenience
- Many graduates will continue from their support role onto a PGCE/School Direct/SCITT programme.